Wednesday, October 12, 2011

How the Summer Ended-Lake Powell Fun!


I'm writing about it a month late--but we had a fabulous end of summer vacation with my family to Lake Powell.  My uncle had a houseboat and invited us to join them for some pretty fun adventures!  Here are a few highlights:

This big floating tube my aunt and uncle call the "booze cruise" :)
  
We found this gorgeous private cove to park the houseboat-with our own second little cove nearby!

Wearing life jackets this way is great for water sports! (it looks great too ;) )



Can't go to a lake without tubing, wake-boarding and water-skiing

Went on a hike, climbed really high-I stayed at the bottom and took pictures (my camera has an awesome zoom lens)

We built an awesome bonfire on the other side of the cove and watched from the boat

The boys were really into fishing, especially with a bow and arrow--they even had some success (and Bobbie-Jo DID-unintentionally of course-kiss that fish)

Ben was a little jealous--but someone had to take pictures from the boat!

And THIS--was probably one of the best parts of the trip-Ben and my brother-in-law Jeff going down the rock slide of death while the rest of watched (and made some funny commentary on the video).

 I LOVE Lake Powell and I LOVE LOVE family!  Best way to end the summer! :)

1 comment:

  1. That looks so fun! I've never been to Lake Powell (except to drive past it) so I'm really jealous!

    ReplyDelete