Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkins

It's no secret that I hate Halloween.  Okay, maybe hate is a strong word, but I can say without hesitation that it is my least favorite holiday by a long shot.  Lucky for me, Ben feels the same way.  So the chances of us ever decorating and/or dressing up for Halloween again are pretty slim (don't worry--we'll still let our kids dress up and go trick-or-treating, we're not that bad).  

However, there is one Halloween tradition that I DO enjoy--and that is carving pumpkins. We had ourselves a good time of it this weekend too:

 We didn't know what to carve in our pumpkin
so we "Google'd" it.  :)
Bobbie-Jo and Jeff's awesome Ninja Turtle pumpkin
Jeff wanted to cook pumpkin seeds later-
but he had to dig through the goo to get them!
 

In order of creators: Anna, Ryan, Ben & Kat, Kat, Bobbie-Jo & Jeff

 And tonight we will celebrate the holiday with a yummy fall dinner (I'm thinking soup and bread bowls), cozy up with a (non-scary) movie, do a puzzle, and hand out candy to whatever kids happen to drop by.  

Here's to another Halloween successfully celebrated without a costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment