Monday, October 31, 2011

A Love Affair with Autumn

I LOVE the FALL!  Not just because my birthday is at the end of September ;) but because it's such a beautiful time of year!  The smell in the air (there is nothing like it!), the temperatures (until November hits--then it gets too cold), the sunflowers that grow along the side of the road (so fun!), the crunch of leaves under your feet, people decorating with hay bales and cornstalks, pumpkins stacked outside the grocery store...and most importantly, the unbelievable colors we get every year!  To me this time of year is MAGICAL. As much as I hate the winter that follows, I can't imagine living anywhere that I couldn't have a season like this. 

I didn't get my camera out even close to early enough this year--but here are a few shots of some of that fall beauty I just couldn't get enough of (and probably didn't capture on camera well enough to do it justice):


This is the "backyard" of our apartments!  WOW!









This is Ben and me last year on a drive up the canyon to see the colors. 
Amazing how time flies. I'm so lucky!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Love the red leaves. Wish we had fall...

    ReplyDelete